Be Part of Our Community
Andeavor receives numerous requests for support each year, but can respond positively to only a small percentage. Our preference is to support programs and projects with measurable outcomes that are most closely aligned with our community investment strategy and focus areas, and that serve the communities where we have a significant presence.
To be eligible to receive charitable support from Andeavor or the Andeavor Foundation, organizations must be both:
- Incorporated in the United States
- Recognized as a nonprofit organization by the Internal Revenue Service under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code or as part of a federal, state, local or tribal government as provided by Section 170(c)(1) of the Code
Neither Andeavor nor the Andeavor Foundation will make charitable contributions to any of the following:
- For-profit entities
- Political parties, candidates and organizations
- Fraternal, labor, athletic, alumni and social organizations and their related foundations
- Chambers of commerce and other business leagues or organizations
- Private foundations and foundations classified as supporting organizations by the IRS
- Organizations that do not comply with the USA Patriot Act
- Churches, mosques, synagogues or other houses of worship and related ecumenical groups
- Organizations that discriminate against others based on age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religious preference, mental and/or physical abilities, marital or parental status, military-veteran status or any other status or condition protected by law
- All requests for support must be submitted via Andeavor’s online application process.
- Every eligible organization will first be required to submit a Letter of Inquiry summarizing its request.
- Andeavor may approve or decline requests based on the information contained within the Letter of Inquiry.
- For large requests, multi-year requests and requests from organizations with whom Andeavor does not have a relationship, applicants will be required to complete a Full Application and provide more detailed information.
- Requests are reviewed on an ongoing basis.
- Large requests may take up to three months to review and involve a site visit.
Support is provided by Andeavor and the Andeavor Foundation on a competitive basis based, in part, on the following criteria:
- Alignment with the Andeavor’s philanthropic mission and focus areas (i.e., science, technology, engineering and mathematics [STEM] education, public safety and environmental conservation and sustainability)
- Mission, history and accomplishments of organization
- Financial strength and solvency of the organization
- Clarity, reasonableness and potential impact of the proposal’s goals, objectives and activities to achieve the projected outcomes and address the need(s) behind the request
- Ability of the organization to leverage Andeavor’s dollars to secure additional resources
How to Apply
As of October 8, 2018, Andeavor has launched a new grant application system. To start a new application, please click the button below and follow the instructions located on the application homepage.
To finish and submit an application started prior to October 7, 2018, or access a previously submitted request, please click the button below and log-in to your account using your existing username and password.
Please note, grant seekers will no longer have access to this system after November 1, 2018.