Our Los Angeles Refinery is located in Los Angeles County, near the Port of Long Beach, on approximately 930 acres. The Los Angeles Refinery is the largest refinery on the West Coast and is a major producer of clean fuels. At full capacity, it operates at 380,000 barrels per day (bpd).
The refinery processes heavy crude from California’s San Joaquin Valley and Los Angeles Basin as well as crudes from the Alaska North Slope, South America, West Africa and other international sources. It manufactures gasoline, jet fuel, diesel fuel, petroleum coke, fuel oil, fuel gases, propylene and calcined coke.
Andeavor’s Los Angeles refinery receives crude oil at its marine terminals, located at Port of Long Beach, and ships products throughout southern California, Arizona and Nevada via its connections to several product distribution pipelines and terminals. It distributes all grades of gasoline and ultra-low-sulfur diesel, primarily to Andeavor’s retail system under the ARCO®, Shell®, Exxon®, Mobil®, USA Gasoline™ and Tesoro® brands. Its Watson Cogeneration plant produces 400 MW, and is the largest cogeneration facility in California.
- Delivers the most effective and efficient production of electrical power and steam.
- Aims to reduce NOx emissions from combustion equipment by 53% by 2022.
- Aims to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 70,000 metric tonnes in the next three years through a modernization and integration project, and decommission of aging equipment.
- Was the first LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) certified building in Carson.
- Reduced flaring emissions greater than 75% from five years ago.
Health and Safety
- Is in the top 25 percent in refining industry personal safety performance.
- Provided a two-year, $150,000 grant to fund the Cabrillo Marine Aquarium’s Sea Search Marine Biology program.
- Provided a four-year, $250,000 grant to the National Red Cross to purchase, equip and deploy a new emergency response vehicle in the greater Long Beach area.
- Provided a three-year, $450,000 grant to Pacific Battleship Center to fund its STEM education program aboard the Battleship USS Iowa for middle school students.
- Donated $3.7M in charitable giving to non-profit organizations across Southern California in 2016.
Los Angeles Refinery Integration and Compliance (LARIC) Project
Andeavor is investing more than $460 million to physically connect our adjacent Carson and Wilmington facilities, further integrating and upgrading our combined Los Angeles Refinery for cleaner and more efficient operations. The completed project will improve air quality, substantially reduce local emissions, upgrade refinery equipment and provide significant benefits to the local economy.