Located about 70 miles north of Seattle on the picturesque Puget Sound, our Anacortes Refinery has a total crude-oil capacity of 120,000 barrels per day (bpd). The refinery primarily supplies gasoline, jet fuel and diesel fuel to markets in Washington and Oregon, and manufactures heavy fuel oils, liquefied petroleum gas and asphalt. It receives crude feedstock via pipeline from Canada, by rail from North Dakota and the central U.S. and by tanker from Alaska and foreign sources.
The Anacortes Refinery ships gasoline, jet fuel and diesel fuel through a third-party pipeline system that serves western Washington and Oregon. The facility delivers refined products, including CARB gasoline and components for it, through our marine terminal, to ships and barges. Additionally, Andeavor operates refined products terminals at Anacortes, Port Angeles and Vancouver, Wash.
- Created an employee-based team (EAGLES) to coordinate refinery and community environmental projects.
- Leading indicators are used to drive continuous improvement in EH&S performance.
Health and Safety
- Emphasis on process safety including employee-led programs.
- 2016 AFPM Elite Gold Safety Award Winner.
- 2015 AFPM Elite Silver Safety Award Winner.
- Invest in Boys & Girls Club of Skagit to establish the Tesoro STEM Academy.
- Invest in American Red Cross to purchase, equip and deploy a new emergency response vehicle.
- Sponsor Skagit County middle schools to attend Mountain School in North Cascades National Park.
- Sponsor March Point Run, benefiting United Way of Skagit County and the American Cancer Society.